The 22nd Annual Canstruction Boston charity event is one where various architecture, engineering, and construction firms in the Greater Boston area compete in building sculptures made entirely of canned goods. These canned good sculptures were built in mid-October and are up for display at the BSA Space within Atlantic Wharf, the 2017 Canstruction Boston host, through the end of October. After the sculptures are dismantled, all the canned goods will be donated to a local food bank.
We’re happy to announce that the Merrimack Valley Food Bank based out of Lowell, Massachusetts will again be the recipient of our canned food donation.
Canstruction Boston Timeline
- Build out: Saturday, October 7, 2017
- Judging and Official Opening: Tuesday, October 10, 2017
- Awards + Thank You Party: Wednesday, October 11, 2017
- Decanstruction: Saturday, October 28, 2017
This year’s event can be found within the spaces at 280 and 290 Congress Street in Boston as well as within the South Station train terminal just around the corner from our main exhibit at the BSA | Space (280 Congress Street).
Canstruction Boston 2017 Teams
- Ann Beha Architects + Thornton Tomasetti
- Architectural Resources Cambridge (ARC)
- CBT architects
- CUBE 3 Studio LLC
- EYP Architecture & Engineering
- Goody Clancy
- Gorman Richards Lewis Architects
- Harrison French & Associates
- HMFH Architects Inc.
- Integrated Design Group, Inc.
- L.A. Fuess Partners
- Nitsch Engineering
- PCA (Prellwitz Chilinski Associates)
- Phase Zero Design
- Sasaki Associates, Inc.
- Simpson Gumpertz & Heger
- SMRT Architects & Engineers + Columbia Construction
- Steffian Bradley Architects
- Studio Troika, Inc.
- Symmes Maini & McKee Associates
- Tappe Architects
- Wessling Architects
- Wilson Butler Architects
- WSP / Parsons Brinkerhoff