The Annual Canstruction Boston charity event brings together various architecture, engineering, and construction firms in the Greater Boston area to compete in building sculptures made entirely of canned goods. These canned good sculptures are then on display at the BSA Space and Atlantic Wharf through the end of October; their presence provides an engaging way for visitors to learn about the fight against hunger in Massachusetts. After the sculptures are dismantled, all the canned goods will be donated to a local food bank.
We’re happy to announce that the Merrimack Valley Food Bank based out of Lowell, Massachusetts will once again be the recipient of our canned food donation.
Want to know more about how the event works? Review the event rules and additional information here.
2019 Canstruction Boston Timeline
- Call for Entries: Friday, June 7, 2019
- Build out: Saturday, October 5, 2019
- Official Opening: Sunday, October 6, 2019
- Awards + Team Thank You Party: Wednesday, October 9, 2019
- Decanstruction: Saturday, October 26, 2019